Specializing in VA Lending
Caliber Home Loans is committed to being a trusted resource in meeting the specific mortgage needs of the brave men and women of the United States Armed Forces who serve, or have served our country with resolute sacrifice. The employees of Caliber strive to be ambassadors of goodwill and financial education in our military communities.
What sets us apart?
Our status as an approved VA lender, combined with our strong financial standing, gives us more control over the products we offer. What's in it for you and your homebuyers? Plenty!
- Options with Lower Closing Costs: Clients may buy sooner without waiting to save up a down payment or spending their savings.
- Direct lender: We will process and underwrite your clients' VA loans in-house, and provide both of you with regular status updates via text, email or both.
- Fast Turn Times: We process and underwrite our VA loans with our proprietary loan origination system.
VA loans are partially insured by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) and are a valuable benefit for military veterans and active servicemen and women. This federal insurance enables us to offer easier qualifying guidelines and low down payment options.
- A minimum credit of 580 is required for fixed-rate financing
- Borrowers with credit scores from 580 to 619 are subject to stricter guidelines*
- Adjustable rate mortgages (ARMs) require a minimum 620 credit score
- High-balance loan amounts equal to the statutory loan limit for the area of $1 million (whichever is less) may be available
- Allowed property types include single-family residences, 2-4 unit properties, VA-approved condominiums, manufactured homes, properties in Planned Unit Developments (PUDs)
- Financing for primary residences, second homes and investment properties may be available